17th Hole and Clubhouse, Royal Troon



The first clubhouse at the Royal Troon Golf Club was a Caledonia railway carriage with the wheels removed, which was soon replaced by a modest wooden building in 1879. In 1885 a committee approved plans to build the present clubhouse, in some respects similar to the Royal and Ancient Clubhouse in St. Andrews, at a cost not to exceed £1900. The 17th Hole, named Rabbit, with its location as the penultimate hole, has proved over the years a formidable task for many players nearing completion of a major championship. It brings to mind the club's motto: Tam arte quam marte - As much by skill as by strength.

Back to Courses of Great Britain and Ireland

Limited Edition

Artist Proof

Signup for our newsletter and receive a 10% discount on your first order. Use Promo-Code SignMeUp

20% off plus free shipping. Use Promo-Code NEW20

Free gift with purchase of $500.00

“Extraordinary & Realistic”

Linda Hartough is recognized as one of golf's leading artists.

Browse Shop Contact
© Linda Hartough Originals/Website by Hazel Digital Media
Back to Top