Approaching the 18th green, the golfer enjoys a dramatic view of the famous Augusta National Clubhouse. Built in 1854, this beautiful antebellum plantation mansion is noteworthy as the first cement house built in the South. The plantation was converted to Fruitlands Nursery in 1857. The plantings of dogwoods, camellias and azaleas, among many others, are reflected in the layout of the course giving each hole its individual character. The 18th green has been the scene of many exciting finishes of the Masters Tournament.